A COMPLETE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
This document is intended to provide step-by-step guidance to connecting your network to multiple transit providers, a practice called multihoming.
This document covers:
- Multiple physical connections to one ISP
- Routing over multiple connections to one ISP
- How independent are circuits?
- Multihoming towards multiple ISPs
- Address space
- BGP-capable routers
- Router configuration
- The switchover to BGP
- Monitoring BGP
- Traffic engineering outgoing traffic
- Traffic engineering incoming traffic